In order to fully treat periodontal pockets, our dentist, Dr. Jai Kakanar, will need to treat the affected area with an antibiotic like ARESTIN®. If you have inflamed gums and are in need of periodontal treatment in Burbank, California, you may benefit from an application of ARESTIN from Jai R. Kakanar, DDS. Give our team a call at 818-241-7544 for more information today.
ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic medication used to treat periodontal disease. ARESTIN comes in the form of a powder containing microspheres (particles smaller than grains of sand) filled with medication and is placed inside infected periodontal pockets following a scaling and root planing procedure. These microspheres release the antibiotic gradually, actively fighting periodontal disease for 30 days in your mouth. Within 90 days of your treatment, ARESTIN should produce significantly better results than a scaling and root planing treatment alone.
After you have received a periodontal treatment using ARESTIN, we recommend that you:
- Avoid touching the treated areas of your gums for one week
- Wait to floss or use toothpicks in the treated areas for 10 days
- Avoid eating hard, crunchy or sticky foods for one week following treatment
- Stay hydrated
- Limit your smoking and use of other tobacco products, as these will hinder the healing process
- Keep all your follow-up appointments to ensure that your gum disease remains under control
ARESTIN is most effective as part of a good oral hygiene routine. Continue to brush and floss regularly to keep your teeth and gums clean and control the harmful bacteria and plaque in your mouth.
For more information about ARESTIN, please contact our office today.